Decorating your Thanksgiving Table
Are you almost ready for your Thanksgiving dinner? You have bought all the ingredients for your favorite recipes. Family members are beginning to arrive. All is set, except you have not given enough thought to
setting your Thanksgiving table!
The decoration of your Thanksgiving dinner table is a very important aspect of your celebration and as such you should give it thought and time.
Here are some tips:
- First of all set up your table the day or night before. with enough time and without being rushed by having to check the bird in the oven.
- Take out all your "good" china, wine glasses, utensils. All those beautiful pieces that you don't normally use.
- Start by using a tablecloth with fall or specific Thanksgiving motif. If not use a cream or beige color one, which will serve as the first layer and upon which you can build your palate of fall colors.
- Remember to place your utensils correctly: forks to the left of the plate, knife and spoon to the right.
- If you wish place a name card in each setting, so that your guests will know where to sit when you call them to the dining room. As a hostess this is a great way to guarantee that your guests will be sitting next to people that they have things in common with or have not seen for a while and this makes it easy to reconnect.
- Use your creativity to decorate with flowers, garlands, pumpkins etc. to make sure that your table is as memorable as your food! See some images below for inspiration.
- Lastly, remember to be grateful! That is the reason for Thanksgiving, to remember to give thanks for our families, for all that we have accomplished this year and to realize that we must help those that are less fortunate than we are.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO ALL MY READERS, FOLLOWERS AND MOST OF ALL TO MY STUDENTS, WHO HAVE GIVEN ME THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE MY KNOWLEDGE OF ETIQUETTE AND GOOD MANNERS WITH THEM, IN THE HOPE OF MAKING THIS A MORE CIVIL SOCIETY, ONE PERSON AT A TIME.